I am so excited to share this Lemon Blackberry Jam and Coconut Loaf Cake recipe with you guys! Can you name a better flavor combination than coconut, lemon, blackberry...because I can't. Sweet, moist, fruity loaf cake swirled with blackberry jam and infused with the creamy nutty flavor of coconut, topped with a citrusy lemon glaze and shredded coconut on top. This blackberry jam and coconut loaf cake is perfect for winter but also gets me excited for the citrusy fruity notes of spring. The best part is it is so quick and easy to make!
HOW TO MAKE THE BATTER
This is such an easy recipe. You literally only need one bowl and a whisk! Mix together all your wet ingredients, then add your dry ingredients. That's pretty much it. That's why I love it so much.
HOW TO SWIRL THE JAM
So I use homemade blackberry jam and the recipe for that is also here on my blog. It sounds fancy but its SO SIMPLE. I recommend trying to make it yourself with the recipe on my blog, but if you prefer you can also use a store bought jam. Make sure it is high quality because a lot of jams are more sugar than fruit and you don't want that. To create that fruity swirl, pour half of your batter into your loaf pan. Then dollop half of your jam on top of that in small dollops... spread out evenly. Then pour in the rest of your batter on top of that, finishing it off with the remining jam on top. Then take a knife and swirl together your jam and batter together.
HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE GLAZE
This glaze consists of just powdered sugar, a little bit of lemon juice and zest, and a splash of coconut milk. Mix together and then just drizzle on top of your loaf. Before the glaze dries sprinkle on your shredded coconut!
Lastly, if you try out this Lemon Blackberry Jam and Coconut Loaf Cake recipe, be sure to leave a comment/rating on how they turned out. I love hearing from you guys and will try my best to reply to every comment! And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Lemon Blackberry Jam and Coconut Loaf Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup blackberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoon coconut milk
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- In a large bowl mix together your eggs, sugar, coconut oil, coconut milk, lemon zest and juice. Then mix in your flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Butter and flour your loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Pour half of your batter in the loaf pan. Then dollop half of your blackberry jam on top. Pour in the rest of your batter, then dollop in the remining jam. Using a knife or skewer stick swirl together your jam and batter.
- Bake loaf for 70 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
- Mix together your powdered sugar, lemon zest, juice and coconut milk
- Once loaf has cooled, drizzle glaze on top of loaf and then sprinkle with shredded coconut.