Banana bread seems to be trending recently so I thought I would share my Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread recipe. Now I know everyone has a good simple banana bread recipe, but you do not have this one... until now. It's EXTRA moist, gooey and decadent in the center and very chocolatey! The walnuts add a subtle flavor and nice crunch as well and that hint of cinnamon is everything!
One of my favorite things about this chocolate chip walnut banana bread is that it is so easy to make. Super simple but oh so delicious!! My secret with this bread recipe and with a lot of my bread recipes is to use vegetable oil instead of butter; and don't hold back on it either. I pack this bread with semisweet chocolate chips which couldn't make me happier. The cinnamon adds just a slight spicy note in the background that brings all your flavors together and warms you up.
I add walnuts to mine because I love the crunch and nutty flavor that it provides, but the truth is you can add anything in this bread that you like... pecans, coconut, white chocolate chips, oats ... you name it.
- Make sure your bananas are super ripe. This helps in creating a moist bread and elevates the flavor of the banana as well as the sweetness.
- Use oil instead of butter. This is my number one secret for creating a SUPER MOIST bread.
- Use brown sugar. I always go with dark brown sugar because why not add more molasses goodness! It also aids in the perfect texture of your bread.
- Don't over bake. Check your bread with a toothpick and as long as it comes out with crumbs and not wet batter, its done.
- Don't be afraid to fill your loaf pan to the top. It grows but it wont over flow.
The best kind of winter nights are the ones where a banana bread is baking in the oven, creating wafts of cinnamon sweet aromas in the air. Serve warm or at room temperature the next morning for breakfast. You might want to make two because it wont last long!!
Lastly, if you try out this Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread recipe, be sure to leave a comment/rating on how they turned out. I love hearing from you guys and will try my best to reply to every comment! And don't forget to tag me on Instagram!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 7 ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peal your bananas. Mash them by hand or in your kitchen aid with the whisk attachment.
- In a large bowl combine your mashed bananas, oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine your flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly combine your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients.
- Mix in your chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Butter and flour your loaf pan and pour your batter in the pan.
- Bake your bread at 350 degrees for 1 hour- 1 hour and 15 minutes or until your toothpick comes out dry.
Leave a Reply